10th January 2015
6 Sure-Fire Content Marketing Tips That Work!
by Paul on 10th January 2015
Build an integrated plan to deliver the content and be clear on which channels, platforms and media you will use.
There are a number of channels and platforms you can use for your content marketing we have listed a few to get your started...
- Setup email marketing campaigns.
- Setup content sources - blog, PR sites
- Setup Social Media - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Setup Google Anaytics - to track your progress
- Setup SEO - organic (natural ranking in searches) and PPC (Pay per click searches)
Publish regular, high quality content letting people know what you are blogging about by posting links on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Also having share widgets on all your content from your blog makes it easy for people to view. Lastly optimise your blog for search engines and research the right keywords for every post.
Posting your blog posts on social media and through email marketing campaigns allows customers to find you.
When creating high quality content you need to ensure that the content is optimised for search engines. Do your keyword research to increase your natural search traffic but make sure you don't keyword stuff words (keyword stuffing is over using a keyword throughout the content) on your page, as this is bad practise.
Search engines like Google reward businesses that publish high quality, consistent and trust worthy content.
Post to social media, blogs, newsletters and use all available content measurement tools eg. Google Analytics to track your results.
Also you can schedule / measure your content, traffic and conversions on your social media profiles and blog pages.
Building trust is a key part in content marketing which is rewarded over time. One way of building trust is to promote your brand, make it is easy for someone to connect with your brand or company through high quality content.
Also connect your blog pages to your Google+ page by way of Google Authorship Markup, this allows your name to appear in the search results along with your blog pages.
An example of one of our blog posts which has Google Authorship markup in search results can be found below:
Linking your Google+ profile page to the content you create
- Sign up for Google+ and create a Google+ profile.
- Make sure you have a profile photo with a recognizable headshot.
- Make sure a byline containing your name appears on each page of your content (for example, "By Joe Blogs").
- Make sure your byline name matches the name on your Google+ profile.
- Visit the Authorship page and submit your email address to Google. No matter how many articles or posts you publish on this domain, you only need to do this process once. Your email will appear in the Contributor to section of your Google+ profile.
Need a mobile friendly website? Check out our web design packages
About Dsgn One
Dsgn One have been building and designing custom websites for organisations in Bath & London for over 6 years. Our friendly, highly experienced team of web designers are here to help you.View web design packages